ARC of Trust by Kylie Scott

More like 3.5 stars.

Ending a night of vegging out in front of the TV, Edie heads to the local Stop and Drop to stock up on junk food. It's late, she's wearing her pjs, and the store is robbed. There's bloodshed and a near death experience. If not for John, a local drug dealer and high school hottie, Edie would be dead. The whole experience leaves her a bit of a mess. Fed up with being bullied and everything in general, Edie changes schools, leaves her not-so-best friend behind and heads to the local public school right into John's orbit. I'm going to stop here, because I don't want to give away any spoilers by summing up the story. There's a crush and some general high-school type stuff. For me, it lacked something.

The writing was good, and I loved the side characters. Hang and Anders were awesome. In fact, I liked them better than Edie. But, in the end, this simply wasn't my cup of tea. I had a hard time connecting with Edie. Something about her didn't resonate with me. With that said, if you love YA, I think you'll love this book.  I honestly don't think you can go wrong with a Kylie Scott book. If this book hadn't been provided to me by the publisher, I still would've bought it and been happy with my purchase. Kyle Scott's usual humor is present. You won't be disappointed.

Comments