Today I have @LisaSuzanne24 #WTRAFSOG


How He Really Feels (He Feels, Book 1)

Julianne Becker is desperately in love with her boss, Nick Matthews. She has daydreamed about him since the day she first met him a year earlier, but she is firmly stuck in the friend-zone until New Year’s Eve, when the game completely changes and she finds out how Nick really feels about her. They embark on a sexy affair that’s everything Julianne ever dreamed of... except she can’t tell anyone about it. What will happen if anyone finds out about their secret relationship? And how will her lifelong best friend, Travis Miller, react when Julianne begins a relationship with someone who isn’t him?

How He Really Feels is a novel that explores relationships and love between coworkers and friends. It contains some adult situations and is intended for mature readers.

This is the first book in the He Feels Trilogy
 




Pick up your copy of the WHAT TO READ AFTER FSOG GEMSTONE COLLECTION 3 here:  



PRAISE FOR HOW HE REALLY FEELS

“I found myself completely lost in the story and hated when it had to come to an end… Romantic and steamy, a perfect combo.” –Nikki S., Winding Stairs Book Blog
“Lisa Suzanne was able to spin a love and lust filled storyline with so much feeling that my heart felt like it was literally bursting out of my chest!” –Kelly, Kiss and Tell Reviews
“This author has an excellent way of using dialogue between the characters.” –Emily, The SubClub Books Blog
“I feel the budding of a wonderful writer in our presence.” –Desiree, The Book Bar

 

EXCERPT

Who cared that I didn’t have anyone to kiss at midnight? The important thing was that this was the end of an old year and the start of a brand new one, and I had several goals in mind for this new year. The most important, of course, being Nick. I would find a way to push past this professional business friendship relationship we had formed. I would find a way to kiss him, hold him, make love to him in this new year.

It was my resolution, and I was determined to make it happen.

Everyone raised their glasses in the air and counted along, “Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! One! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” I glanced over at Lucy, whose lips were locked to Jake’s, and then Travis, who was kissing Brooke. I smiled, happy for my friends despite my lack of a man to kiss at midnight, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around, and my heart stopped as my eyes met Nick’s. Utter shock hit me as I realized that he was actually here. And he looked fucking sexy in a black suit with a gray shirt under it, open at the collar. He had just a shadow of a beard, making him look rugged and manly, and his hair was mussed perfectly in every direction. I was so dazed that he was standing in front of me that I was rendered momentarily speechless.

The room suddenly got very quiet around me, and all I could do was stare at him. His eyes never left mine as he brought both of his hands up to cup my cheeks and I was certain at that moment that he was going to kiss me. My heart slammed into my ribs and then my eyes closed automatically as his lips brushed mine just once. Every nerve ending in my body was alight with electricity at our connection. He clutched me close against his chest in a quick embrace. “Happy New Year,” he murmured, his breath tickling close against my ear, sending shivers down my spine. And then, as if it had all been a dream, he was gone. 
 

INTERVIEW

Tell us a little about the book you have included in the What to Read after FSOG Gemstone Collection Three.
Lisa: I have included How He Really Feels, which is the first book I published. The follows Julianne Becker, who is in love with her boss and who has a lifelong best friend who is keeping a secret from her.
 
Is this book part of a series?
Lisa: Yes! It was originally intended to be a standalone, but I got so many questions about what happened next that I decided to expand the story. The first book doesn’t end in a cliffhanger, but the second and third books answer all of your questions. All three are now published and available for purchase!
 
Do you have any other books that you have published?
Lisa: Aside from the He Feels Trilogy, I have also published two standalone novels, Separation Anxiety and Side Effects.
 
When and why did you start writing?
Lisa: I have written probably since I was in high school. It has always been a hobby of mine, but I started to get serious about the idea of publishing once I got past my shyness and shared one of my books with my husband. He was the one who encouraged me to publish.
 
How long does it take you to write a book?
Lisa: It varies, but typically I can write a full-length novel (75-95K words) in about a month.
 
Are your characters or stories based on real people or completely made up?
Lisa: My characters are completely made up.
 
Do your character names just come to you? Or do you have to think about them?
Lisa: Typically character names just come to me. There have been a few times where I’ve had to really think about what name would fit perfectly for a character, but those tend to be secondary characters. The main ones usually just stand out to me in some way.
 
How do you come up with your titles?
Lisa: I agonize over titles. I had about thirty work-in-progress titles for How He Really Feels before it stuck. What I liked about it was the fact that it was ambiguous.
 
Is there a routine you have before you settle down to write?
Lisa: I have to have a drink (usually coffee in the morning, water during the day, and either wine, vodka, or cherry whiskey at night), and I have to have music.
 
Does your family know what you write?
Lisa: Yes, but it took me about six months before I told my parents my pen name. And the really funny thing is that my pen name is my first and middle name.
 
What would you do if your grandmother said she wanted to read your book?
Lisa: I’d give her a signed copy. I was pretty shy at first, but now that I’ve published five novels, I’m proud of what I’ve done.
 
While You Write:
Favorite Snack Food? Twizzlers or Pirates Booty
Drink of Choice? Water or Cherry Whiskey
Music or Silence? Music
Biggest Distraction? Facebook
 
LIGHTNING ROUND
Favorite Game Show?
The Price is Right
Favorite Reality Show? The Bachelor
Favorite 90s Band? Stone Temple Pilots
Whiskey or Vodka? I can’t make decisions like this
Favorite Song? Currently “Peace” by O.A.R.
Favorite book growing up? Freaky Friday
 
 

ABOUT LISA SUZANNE

Lisa Suzanne started handwriting her books on yellow legal pads after she took a creative writing class in high school. She still has those legal pads full of stories, but now one of them is published under the title How He Really Feels. She currently works as a full time high school English teacher, and her favorite part of the year is summer. She has been blessed with the world’s best dog, a supportive family, and a husband who encouraged her to publish after reading one of her novels. She likes the advice of Ernest Hemingway’s famous quote, “Write drunk. Edit sober.”
 

CONTACT LISA SUZANNE

Web: http://www.authorlisasuzanne.com
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/AuthorLisaSuzanne
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLisaSuzanne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LisaSuzanne24
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/lisasuzanne24
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LisaSuzanne/posts
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lisa-Suzanne/e/B00CVUBGGE

Comments