I didn't need to know about your underwear

"A Secure Heart" re-releases with new edits and a new cover!! For 24 hours only! Use Coupon #  UK32Q To snag A Secure Heart for only $1 http://ow.ly/gG6c8 Normally priced at $4.99 this is a great deal!

Blurb:

What does it take to secure a heart? For the Smith Security Services team it’s Flowers, Chocolate, Wishes, and Sparks!
Flowers: Fashion Designer Flower Calloway’s next big show could make her famous all over the world, but she ends up uncovering a few secrets that could break her heart instead.
Chocolate: A quick trip to the store for some chocolate therapy, and a fateful encounter with a few gorgeous men, shakes up F.B.I. Agent Genie Cook’s once secure life.
Wishes: For Jacob and Gracie, it is love at first sight, but it will take more than a few wishes to hold them together when Jacob’s career threatens to tear them apart.
Sparks: Twin brothers Weave and Bob are hardened fighters, but two special women are going to have them throwing off sparks instead of punches.

Teaser:


In the front room, a deliveryman stood holding a huge bouquet of flowers.
The guy looked to be around eighteen years in age. He was snapping at his chewing gum as if he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. He straightened up from his slump when he caught sight of her. “I have some flowers here for … Flower?” he asked skeptically.
 She stopped from rolling her eyes, instead, opting to smile brightly. Kill them with kindness; that was her motto.
“That’s me.” He handed the flowers over then stood as if waiting for something.
“Oh I’m sorry,” she told him, setting the bouquet on the counter. “Let me get you a tip.”
He brushed his hand nervously over his hair. “No, that’s not necessary. Maybe I could get your phone number instead?”
She blinked at him in confusion, wondering for a moment if he needed it for some official reason before it dawned on her what he meant.
“Um, how old are you exactly?”
He flashed a dimply grin. “Nineteen, ma’am,” he answered cheerfully.
Her hands clenched. “Okay, Skippy. The fact that you just called me ma’am should have been your first tip off that this wasn’t going to go well for you. For God’s sake. I have a bra in my dresser drawer right now that’s older than you.”
He shifted his feet uncomfortably. “So … that’s a no?”
She picked up the flowers and hugged them to her chest in an attempt to keep from wrapping her hands around his throat. “Yes. It’s a no,” she answered as sweetly as possible.
“Jeez lady, all you had to do was say no. I didn’t need a whole speech about you needing to replace your underwear, and for the record, I really don’t want someone with a nineteen-year-old bra anyway. I got me some standards.”
He stormed out leaving her feeling oddly disappointed, which should’ve been a warning sign that she had been too long without a man. Well, a man who actually wanted to be a man. Maybe she should have scooped up Skippy while he was willing.

Links:
Amazon viewBook.at/B005L2HVFO

Comments

  1. Looks great. I really liked the story, so the edit mistakes didn't really bother me, I must say Dionne is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was very upset by all the mistakes since I had already paid to have it edited once. This is also my baby and I wanted it perfect. I'm so happy to have it looking good. Dionne rocks :-D

      Delete

Post a Comment